February 15, 2016

Swiss boy

A 7-year-old boy has died on Monday after being unexpectedly electrocuted, Pattaya-based Swiss newspaper DER FARANG reported on February 25.

The boy, a Swiss national whose family asked not to reveal his identity, was on vacation with his parents and his younger sister in a luxury resort in Mae Nam on the popular holiday island Koh Samui.

As the family was sitting on the beach on the evening of February 14, the boy unknowingly stepped on a high voltage power line hidden in the sand, causing a fatal cardiac arrest. Cardiopulmonary resuscitation and immediate transport to a nearby private hospital could not save the life of the 7-year-old. He died the following day.

Police is investigating the incident. Since the boy had both a Swiss and a German passport, both embassies have been notified of the death.

Note: If you are related to the victim of this report and would like certain details to be not publicly available, please contact us . Please understand that we will not remove an entire article or the name of the person.

Case Details

Date of Death: February 15, 2016
Last Edited: 3 years ago
Age: 7 years
Gender: Male
Nationality: Swiss
Cause of Death: Electrocution
Province: Surat Thani
Note: The displayed location might not be accurate. View on Google Maps »

Yes, ads suck. This is why Farang Deaths does not use any. However, running a website with several thousand readers per day does create costs. To pay server bills and in order to remain independent, we, therefore, chose not to accept ads and instead ask our readers to support Farang Deaths with a small donation.

If you would like to help to keep Farang Deaths alive, please consider donating.