David Bennery Bluler
Police believes Thailand’s current heat wave is the reason for the unexpected death of a foreigner who was found dead in the bathroom of his condominium room in central Chiang Mai Monday afternoon.
Officers of Chang Phueak Police Station and medical staff from Maharaj Nakorn Chiang Mai Hospital arrived shortly after 14:00 at the condominium in Chiang Mai’s Mueang district to investigate the circumstances surrounding the death. Inside the bathroom they found the body of American tourist identified as David Bennery Bluler, 66, slammed over the toilet.
After a brief examination of the body, police investigators did not find any injuries or other signs of violence on the body. Medical staff estimated Mr Bluler had been dead for at least three hours prior his discovery.
A maid working at the condominium told police Mr Bluler had rented the room since March 1 and was living alone. She discovered the body while attempting to clean the apartment after nobody answered the door and she used a master-key to enter the room.
CCTV recordings showed that Mr Bluler had returned to his room alone at around 1:00 the previous night. The windows in the room were opened and the air-conditioning was turned off, leading investigators to the conclusion that the man might have collapsed due to the heat and subsequently died from a heat stroke.
To confirm the cause of death, the body was sent to Maharaj Nakorn Chiang Mai Hospital for a post-mortem examination. The United States embassy in Bangkok has already been notified.
Note: If you are related to the victim of this report and would like certain details to be not publicly available, please contact us. Please understand that we will not remove an entire article or the name of the person.