A young American woman was found dead at the poolside of a private villa at a 5-star resort on Koh Samui at 11:30 on June 25.
Emily Potter, 27, was staying at a resort in the Bo Phut subdistrict of Koh Samui. Her naked body was discovered by her 29-year-old British boyfriend, Jeffrey Hanley who started wailing in shock and distress. Neighbouring guests alerted the resort staff.
The staff at the resort informed police that Ms Potter and her boyfriend had reserved their private villa from June 21 to the 29 and that they spent most of their time inside their villa.
Among other things, local police found alcohol, drugs and sex paraphernalia at the scene: specifically, a bottle of Vodka, an unidentified white powder, marijuana, Viagra tablets, handcuffs and a whip. According to Pol Cpt Udomsak, police have assumed Ms Potter’s untimely death was caused by an accidental overdose. No injuries were found on her body, so foul play is not suspected.
Police intend to interview Mr Hanley in order to determine the timeline of events leading up to the discovery of the body as well as the origin of the drugs found near the corpse. He faces the possibility of prosecution for taking narcotics on Thai soil.
Meanwhile, the US Embassy has been informed of Ms Potter’s death and her body taken to Surat Thani Center Hospital for an official autopsy and drug screening.
Note: Information published in this report are provided by MThai . If you are a representative of MThai and do not wish your information being displayed here, or if you are related to the victim and would like certain details to be not publicly available, please let us know.