Jamie William Brown
While taking pictures of fireworks, an Australian tourist accidently fell from the balcony in his hotel room in Phuket late Saturday night, dying instantly.
According to an initial police report signed by investigator Pol Lt Bpatapi Srichai from Kathu Police Station, the incident happened at around 23:50 Saturday night in a 5-star-hotel in Phuket’s Patong subdistrict. Additional police officers, paramedics and rescue workers arrived on the scene shortly later.
At the hotel, they discovered the body of 45-year-old Jamie William Brown. The Australian national was found lying on a small concrete path on the 3rd floor connecting the building to the hotel-owned swimming pool. He was wearing a black t-shirt and black shorts.
Paramedics said the body showed several fractures, indicating that he had fallen from great heights. In fact, an investigation conducted by Pol Lt Bpathaphi came to the conclusion the man had fallen from the 19th floor of the hotel building.
Police questioned Mr Brown’s 40-year-old sister-in-law with whom he had been on holiday in Phuket. She told they had stayed in their room on the 19th floor of the hotel when they heard fireworks from the nearby beach late Saturday night. Mr Brown then got his camera and rushed on the balcony to take photographs.
She warned him not to lean out of the balcony too far and went to the bathroom. When she came back, she saw Mr Brown latching onto the edge of the balcony. She tried pulling him up but failed due to the heavy weight. Mr Brown then could no longer hold himself up and plunged down the building.
Hotel staff performing first aid could not save the life of Mr Brown; he died before paramedics arrived. His body is scheduled for a post-mortem examination at a local government hospital to confirm the cause of death.
Note: If you are related to the victim of this report and would like certain details to be not publicly available, please contact us . Please understand that we will not remove an entire article or the name of the person.