June 7, 2017

Petrus Gerardus Maria Kok

A 65-year-old Dutchman died after being electrocuted while repairing a water pump at his home in Nong Prue, Chon Buri province.

Nong Prue Provincial Police Station confirmed the June 7 incident and named the deceased as Petrus Gerardus Maria Kok, a 65-year-old expatriate from the Netherlands who had retired to Pattaya several years ago.

“We were notified of the fatal accident at around 18:00,” investigating officer Pol Maj Jirasag Aebfaeng told Thai media. The incident happened at Mr Kok’s house at 16/8 Soi 12 inside Huay Ruamg Village in Chon Buri’s Bang Lamung district.

Police officers and rescue workers arrived at the scene and found Mr Kok’s dead body inside his home with burns to the fingers on his left hand. “We assume Mr Kok had been dead for approximately 30 minutes before we arrived,” Pol Maj Jirasag said.

While investigating the death, officers interviewed his neighbours who had seen him repairing an electric water pump in his backyard. After hearing cries for help, they found Mr Kok struggling to breathe and moved him into his house. He passed away shortly afterwards.

“We inspected the water pump and saw live wires hanging from the water pump,” Pol Maj Jirasag said. “We believe Mr Kok died of electrocution.”

Police have informed the Dutch Embassy in Bangkok of Mr Kok’s death.

Note: If you are related to the victim of this report and would like certain details to be not publicly available, please contact us . Please understand that we will not remove an entire article or the name of the person.

Case Details

Source Kao Jor Leuk
Date of Death: June 7, 2017
Last Edited: 1 year ago
Age: 65 years
Gender: Male
Nationality: Dutch
Cause of Death: Electrocution
Province: Chon Buri
Note: The displayed location might not be accurate. View on Google Maps »