It was his first holiday abroad – and it became his last. A 55-year-old Australian tourist died of food poisoning while on vacation with his family.
While out for dinner with his family of eight, 55-year-old Rex Tickell from Queensland suddenly started vomiting heavily. The attack was so violently that, as Mr Ticketll’s family told Australian media later, he fell unconscious.
Rescue volunteers, who quickly arrived at the restaurant where the incident had happened, rushed the father of three to a nearby hospital. However, despite 30 minutes of continuous effort to resuscitate the man, he died shortly after arriving at the emergency room.
Other family members also complained about illnesses but could be treated appropriately. The fact that not only Mr Tickell but also his family suffered from severe symptoms strongly indicates that the group had been a victim of food poisoning, a police officer who declined to be named said.
Ms Klease, Mr Tickell’s niece, described her uncle as “hard working” and “loving”. She thus started a page on the crowdfunding platform GoFundMe to help raise funds to support her uncle’s family so her aunt can “grieve without the added financial stress.”
Note: Information published in this report are provided by The Courier-Mail . If you are a representative of The Courier-Mail and do not wish your information being displayed here, or if you are related to the victim and would like certain details to be not publicly available, please let us know.