A French national died from choking in a Thai restaurant in Pattaya, Chon Buri province.
Police received a call from the Pattaya Memorial Hospital at about 12:30. Officers were dispatched to the hospital to affirm the death of Mr Thomas Bernard, 61. His friends told police that he had actually died at the restaurant, located on Soi 19 Chalermprageat Moo 9 in Chon Buri’s Nong Prue subdistrict.
According to their statements, Mr Bernard was on a night out with his friends when he suddenly started choking. Police later spoke to the restaurant owner who confirmed that Mr Bernard seemed to have choked on his spaghetti. He also allowed police to inspect all four plates of spaghetti the group had ordered as well as the residue of their wine.
A cursory examination of Mr Bernard’s body indicates that he may have died from choking or even heart failure. An autopsy will be conducted before an official verdict can be reached.
Note: If you are related to the victim of this report and would like certain details to be not publicly available, please contact us . Please understand that we will not remove an entire article or the name of the person.